We support Catholic and local social service providers t0 strengthen or support families, individuals and communities in need, from the Far-North to south of Auckland. Grants are typically for sums up to $15,000 for one year.In 2021, the Foundation, through donations from donors, The Tindall Foundation, other trusts, parishes and schools, and bequests, distributed grants to over 60 organisations.The Catholic Caring Foundation is the Catholic Bishop of Auckland's philanthropic Trust. Our annual grants round is now open and closes on 8th April, 2022 at noon.
Areas we support
Your gift has impact
Where your donations go
Application Process - How to apply for a grant
To submit a grant application, you will need the following
- A completed and signed grant application form, 2022.
- A pre-printed deposit slip for your organisation's bank account.
- Dated references (less than 12 months old) from other non-affiliated service providers.
- A copy of your most recent annual financial statements.
- Any other relevant information that demonstrates the value your organisation is contributing to your community. (Examples include your Annual Report, feedback survey results, performance evaluation results, testimonials etc.)
The Foundation does not fund the following:
- Staff development
- Capital raising
- Major maintenance
The Foundation typically does not fund national organisations, affiliates of national organisations or organisations providing fee-based services to the charitable sector.
Categories the Foundation funds:
For a full list of categories the Foundation funds, please click here.
You will need to refer to this list to complete your grant application.