We support Catholic and local social service to lift families and individuals out of poverty, and strengthen and support them through their journey of hardship and poverty. We cover the geographical area of the Auckland Catholic diocese, which is from the Far-North to Pukekohe, Tuakau, and Waiuku in the South, and across to Thames and the Coromandel (including Tairua, Pauanui, Whitiange and the Hauraki Plains). Grants are typically for sums up to $15,000 for one year.In 2022, the Foundation, through donations from donors, The Tindall Foundation, other trusts, parishes and schools, and bequests, distributed grants to over 60 organisations.The Catholic Caring Foundation is the Catholic Bishop of Auckland's philanthropic Trust. Our annual grants round is now closed and will re-open mid-December 2023.
Areas we support
Your gift has impact
Where your donations go
Application Process - How to apply for a grant
To submit a grant application, you will need the following
- A completed and signed grant application form.
- A pre-printed deposit slip, or printed statement from your bank with your organisation's details.
- Dated references (less than 12 months old) from other non-affiliated service providers.
- A copy of your most recent annual financial statements.
- Any other relevant information that demonstrates the value your organisation is contributing to your community. (Examples include your Annual Report, feedback survey results, performance evaluation results, testimonials etc.)
The Foundation does not fund the following:
- Staff development
- Capital raising
- Major maintenance
The Foundation typically does not fund national organisations, affiliates of national organisations or organisations providing fee-based services to the charitable sector.
Categories the Foundation funds:
For a full list of categories the Foundation funds, please click here.
You will need to refer to this list to complete your grant application.